Frequently Asked Questions
Hope Pregnancy Center educates, supports and empowers women and men facing untimely pregnancies with compassionate and professional medical care. If you think you may be pregnant or you are considering abortion, we are here to help!
DO I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
We encourage you to schedule an appointment by calling (320) 235-7619. Walk-ins are welcome but may have to wait as scheduled patients take priority.
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
All of our services are free of charge.
DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING WITH ME TO MY APPOINTMENT?
The only thing you will need to bring with you is a valid photo ID of some kind (driver’s license, student ID, etc.) if none are available we can still help you.
ARE THE SERVICES CONFIDENTIAL?
All of our services are confidential and private.
CAN I BRING A FRIEND?
Yes, you can bring a friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband, parent or relative.
IF I AM A MINOR DO I HAVE TO HAVE A PARENT COME WITH ME?
No, none of the services we provide require parent approval or notification.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT MY APPOINTMENT?
- The nurse and advocate will discuss with you the details about any services that you will be receiving which could include: pregnancy testing, ultrasound and/or STI testing
- Review your health history and answer your medical questions.
- If coming for your first STI test appointment, do not use the bathroom for one hour prior to visit. The second STI appointment is for results, treatment (if applicable) and recommendations.
- If eligible, perform a clinical pregnancy test. If positive and appropriate:
- Schedule an ultrasound exam to confirm pregnancy and determine how far along you are.
- Review all of your pregnancy options, including abortion procedures, risks and side effects.
- Review a customized personal resource list and provide any necessary medical, insurance and community support referrals.
- Schedule another appointment as needed.
WHAT IF I NEED TO RESCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
We understand that circumstances come up and sometimes people need to reschedule their appointments. If you would like to reschedule, please let us know 24 hours prior to your appointment if possible.
DO YOU PROVIDE THE ABORTION PILL OR IN-CLINIC ABORTIONS?
Although we do not offer or refer for abortion, our nurses provide abortion education. At your initial visit, you will receive a pregnancy test, ultrasound confirmation if eligible, and the evidence based education you need to make an informed decision.