Abortion doesn’t always end after the procedure. It’s a quiet misconception because abortion is usually a quiet choice. Post-abortion effects are sometimes suppressed and may not manifest until years later. If you have had an abortion and are ready to talk, the peer counselors at our center are compassionate and prepared to hear your story and offer help.
We offer a private, one on one weekly study to make sense of the pain of abortion called, FORGIVEN AND SET FREE. Call us at 320-235-7619 to make your appointment.
What are POST ABORTION LONG TERM EFFECTS?
Both men and women can struggle with post abortion effects. If not dealt with early on, it can fester in to life altering long term issues.
- Difficulty in relationships, especially with the partner of the aborted child
- Challenges with mental health, anxiety, depression and suicidal tendencies
- Anxiety in medical situations
- Health issues such as frequent headaches and ulcers
- Recollections, flashbacks or dreams
- Withdrawing, feeling detached or estranged from others
- Loss of interest in significant activities
- May attempt to become pregnant quickly again to replace the loss
- Excessive behavior in the use of alcohol, drugs, promiscuity, or workaholism
- Staying in abusive relationships on purpose as punishment
- Developing eating disorders as a form of self punishment or control